Thursday, April 1, 2010

I get by...

with a little help from my friends.

I struggled last week with priorities. There are so many things lately that demand my time and are constantly vying for my immediate attention. I know that this is a common problem for most people; everyone wishes they had more time. But believe me when I say that I'm busier than almost everyone I know. Just trust me on that one. I'm a ridiculously spontaneous person, and when I'm too busy to be spontaneous you know there's a problem. Most of the time, all of the busy-ness and chaos hangs in a delicate balance and everything works out. But sometimes, things start to get pushed over the edge. Thank goodness my friends are there to catch me.

To catch me, to encourage me, to correct me, or to calm me down. Time and time again, they have forced me to re-think my priorities and have brought me straight to the feet of the Father. They've done it again for me the past several days. Several nights this week I have dropped everything just to sit and talk and relax. Could I have been doing something else during this time? Absolutely. Could I have been doing something more worthwhile? Not a chance.


Here's a few of them. I would be a drastically different person without them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...