Wednesday, November 23, 2011

keep good company

This afternoon I made Captain Rodney's Dip.


No big deal, right? But I had to stop and laugh as I broke out the Ritz crackers, because I was eating this dip at home in Kentucky with my family, as opposed to the only place I have ever had it before - in Oxford with all of my friends. A couple of minutes later I opened the freezer, saw a carton of blueberries, and popped a couple frozen ones in my mouth without thinking twice.

And then it really hit me. My friends have officially rubbed off on me, a lot. My newfound love for Captain Rodney's and for frozen blueberries are only two small examples.

A sentimental post about how much my "brothers and sisters" have influenced my life is coming any day now, but on a much more basic level, I can't help but laugh about the things I have grown to love simply because the people I surround myself with loved them first. In addition to Captain Rodney's dip and frozen blueberries, this list includes:

frozen grapes
Page CXVI (see my last post for more on this one)
Job 38
1 Corinthians 2
Mat Kearney
paint chips
Elizabethtown

The list could easily go on...and on...and on. It all serves as proof that we are absolutely, positively affected by the company we keep.

Good thing my company is some of the best around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...