Tuesday, September 11, 2012

list the happiness

"Life belongs to the living." (Goethe).  
Also, the goal is not simply to survive each day but to live it to the fullest.  
Even further, I do not have to go to law school.  I get to go to law school.  

Just a couple of phrases I've been repeating to myself during the times when I start to get frustrated with my confusing Contracts homework, the tricky dial on my cheap combination lock, and my rescheduled late-afternoon Civ Pro class.  If you're having a rough day, repeat those phrases.  (Substitute law school for wherever you find yourself.)  It works well.  Trust me.

Despite the intensity of school, there are a lot of small things making me happy today:

September weather
new Avett Brothers CD
Square Table Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
the fact that tomorrow AND Thursday I finish class at 2:00
NFL Sunday football is back
Monday night UK Wesley Foundation time
1 Corinthians 1:8-9
making lists - like this, and not of the thousand things I have to read :)

Along the same lines of my last post, here are some muy interesante links for you to check out:

Saturday Down South article - SEC football feature about the economics involved in small schools like Idaho playing SEC teams like LSU, Ole Miss, Florida, and Bama in coming years

ISideWith.com - In case you haven't yet, it's time to inform yourself on the ever-looming presidential election.  This website has you take a quiz and matches you with the candidates who share your views. Very helpful in determining who you might want to vote for as well as making you think about a few of those tricky policy questions you've just been ignoring... (Ex: "What do I think about the citizenship of illegal immigrants?" or "Does the national debt really exist?")

Southern Living's 20 Best Apple Desserts - Oh yes.  I got this email around 3:00 today and it totally brightened the 1L seminar I was stuck in.  I love fall.  Apple desserts are in many ways the epitome of the season.  I can't wait to start making some!

I liked posting the Coldplay video so much last time, here's another one.  Mumford & Sons this time, "I Will Wait."  New album coming soon. :)


And also, can't go without saying - eleven years have passed.  Remembering heroes today.  #9/11.  #NeverForget.

If you're busy, stressed, whatever this week, try to focus on the little things.  List them out, and soak up the happiness.  And always remember - we are more blessed than we think we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...