Friday, July 23, 2010

(not so) perfect attendance

You know those people (maybe you're one of them) that stress if they miss class, because they're behind on the information and constantly worry about what they might be missing? I'm definitely not one of those people. I can skip class on almost any day and not think twice. Yes, skipping makes things more difficult later on, and, yes, I find myself constantly pushing the limits, but hey... If your teacher allows 5 absences, and you can take all 5 and still make an A, then what are you still sitting in class for? As long as you strategically use the absences, you're good to go. If you can afford to do so (those words being the key disclaimer), be spontaneous, take a day off, and enjoy the extra time. It's worked for me the past 14 years, really, really well.

It's still working for me today, which is why I find myself typing a rambling blog post at 11:32 AM while I should be in my 10:00 to 12:00 clase de espaƱol. But after last night's adventures - which I will explain another time and in another place - and my decent grades so far this summer term, I decided I'd celebrate Friday and peace out the second hour of class. Here's how I will be spending the remainder of my now-one-hour-longer day:

Sitting - in the Delta Gamma house.
Working - on rush team responsibilities.
Reading - sponsor forms (see above "rush team responsibilities").
Listening - to John Mayer's Battle Studies.
Waiting - for Morgan to arrive from Starkville.
Wishing - I had the great moments of this summer on video, so I could physically watch them again and again and again.

Quote of the day (a shorter one this time!):

"I'm sorry you can't stay longer," said Alec sadly. "There's so much more to see in the Forest of Sight. But I suppose there's a lot to see everywhere, if only you keep your eyes open..." --Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...