Saturday, April 16, 2011

ensueño


I want to go here again. (Here = somewhere near Canta, Peru. We ran into this abandoned-looking church up in the Andes Mountains.)

I am actually quite content to be in Oxford; spring here is beautiful. But the closer it gets to summer, the stronger my desire for new adventures becomes. A cool thing about this summer is that even my time at "home" will be an adventure; it's basically all new for me, so I'm looking forward to seeing all kinds of places and things I never have before.

Travel quote #1:
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome, charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth. [Mark Twain]
Travel quote #2:
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say. [J.R.R. Tolkien]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...