Wednesday, June 29, 2011

hit the road jack

Tomorrow, I become a nomad.


For 21 consecutive years now, I have spent a considerable portion of the summer roaming around the country (and, sometimes, world). It's just one of those things that goes hand-in-hand with being a member of the Smith family. Last summer, I lived out of my suitcase from the middle of June until the day school started back for the fall. This summer is not quite as drastic, but still - things are about to get a little crazy. Here's my itinerary for the rest of summer break:

June 30 - July 1: New Garden, Ohio
July 2 - July 24: Bethel, Maine
July 25 - July 27 - Wilmore, Kentucky
July 28 - July 30 - Jackson, Mississippi
July 31 - drive 10 hours back to Kentucky
August 1 - August 7 - Sumpango, Guatemala
August 8 - August 11(ish) - Wilmore, Kentucky
August 12(ish) - Leave for Oxford, Mississippi for SENIOR YEAR of college

Jealous? I thought so. Really, though. I am about to have some incredible adventures. Leaving Kentucky is going to be so much harder than I thought; it's amazing how quickly this place has become a part of me, and I only have about a week left at "home!" But I am so, so excited to get to Maine. Three full weeks in a cabin on a lake with my kayak, lots of books, and - hopefully - lots of sunshine. Because of this whole nomadic lifestyle traveling thing, I'll have limited internet access, but I will attempt to share some of the good things that take place over the course of the next month when possible. If you need me, call me (no matter where you are, no matter how far...)

T-19 hours until departure time (because every normal family leaves at 5:30 PM for a road trip) so I better get back to that suitcase. Here's to a hectic but beautiful rest of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...