Sunday, September 4, 2011

throne room

Last February I had the privilege to attend Statewide and worship with Kristian Stanfill for an entire weekend. Last Thursday, as a part of the Ole Miss Wesley Foundation, I had the privilege to worship with him here on campus. Being a Wesley Foundation intern is awesome for countless reasons, one of which is the time I got to spend meeting and hanging out with Kristian and Matt and Joe and Tim. These guys are amazing. They are not "worship leaders" in title alone; they truly do lead worship. It's not about them, and they make that so obvious in every word they speak or sing.

One of my favorite things about Kristian from Statewide was the Scripture that he shared in between his music, and he brought a message of truth again Thursday night. He speaks from the Word, and it is so powerful! This time he shared Psalm 3, and I've been going over the verses in my head constantly ever since then. I love Kristian and his band, and I say all of this not to bring praise to them (I have a feeling they'd never go for that...) but to bring praise to the God to whom they sing. It's always hard to adequately describe such beautiful worship experiences, but the best description I've heard so far goes to my friend who said he felt as if he was physically in the throne room. I think that pretty much sums it up!

One of the best parts about all of this? They're coming back! Passion is coming to 12 college campuses across the country this fall for a special University Tour, and Ole Miss is one of those lucky schools! Get your ticket here and do it quickly. I am not sure what Thursday October 6 holds for us, but I know it is going to be amazing so go ahead and get ready! God is transforming my generation; I believe that with all of my heart, and I cannot wait to see what is in store for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...