Saturday, November 19, 2011

you should be listening to this

All semester a few of my friends have been raving about how awesome this group called Page CXVI is - basically, they record traditional Christian hymns and add a little bit of their own flair. It's good from the first time you listen, but somehow they really grow on you over time. [Example: My friend David pulled a song up on my laptop and played it for me one night, and I didn't exit out of that Safari window for about a month because I kept playing it over, and over, and over.]

I was just exploring their website looking to download their new CD (Hymns IV) and found an even more awesome surprise - the name Page CXVI is actually a C.S. Lewis Narnia reference, to page 116 in their copy of the Magician's Nephew, when Aslan first begins to sing Narnia into existence. If I wasn't obsessed enough before, I definitely am now.

Check Page CXVI out for yourself at their website, and download your favorites. Or all. I'm about to make myself some new CDs for the car ride home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...