Monday, June 4, 2012

high low


Sometimes in small groups or Wesley or Muffin Club we do High/Low – go around the room and tell your highlight of the week and then your low point.  I have grown accustomed to mentally doing this myself, even when I’m not sharing my thoughts with a group.  The past 10-ish days have been filled with various highs and lows.  For example…

High: pool time with friends
Low: sunburn that resulted from pool time with friends

High: realizing it is not too difficult to make homemade pancake batter
Low: realizing there are cockroaches in the flour you just used to make the pancake batter

High: having enough time to re-read Mere Christianity
Low: somehow, even though it is summer, still never having enough time to read what you want

Other highs include the Farmer’s Market, good weather, summer flowers, spending time with one of my incredible role models, and Summer Wesley.  Other lows include the typical missing of my best friends, and also the fact that healthy, delicious summer foods are expensive and I am on a super low budget with little money to purchase them.  My first attempt at P90X yoga falls somewhere in the middle of high and low.  High because it was hilarious, low because if I had to do one more darn downward dog pose I might have lost my mind.  (Seriously, it's always the downward dog - crazy!!)  Overall, the past week or so has been a good one, and I am finally remembering how to relax a little bit and enjoy summer.  Looking forward to the rest of June with hopefully lots more highs and not many lows to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...