Tuesday, September 25, 2012

reflections from the river

Nature is good for you.

This Saturday I got to take a 17 mile canoe trip down the Cumberland River with old and new friends from UK Wesley.  It was absolutely beautiful and, although I rejoiced with everyone else when we reached the end, at the same time I would stay out there forever.  Three days later, the tension in my shoulders and arms from the paddling that I was less than prepared for is gone, and I am once again immersed in the intensity of 1L life.  But some things from Saturday continue to fill my wandering thoughts, some serious, some not at all...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The best adventures always go un-photographed. 

Bald eagles are awesome.  Good call, whoever named that the national bird.

Clif bars are good.  Clif bars when you're tired and hungry are even better.


I am thankful that my friend Scott who I've known since I was 7 now lives in the same city as me and can share a canoe and ask what God has been teaching me and sing Lord of the Rings songs all at the same time.


Water and trees and sun and sky and clouds are beautiful.  So are hearts and lives that belong to the Lord.

That moment when you see a runaway kayak caught in the current headed for Cumberland Falls and you realize that if someone's going to rescue the kayak, it's got to be you, but you've got to make sure that you don't also end up down Cumberland Falls...yes.  That's a good moment.

What does it mean to live life in such a way that those who see you take note that you have been with Jesus? (Acts 4:13)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nature is so very good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...