Sunday, February 17, 2013

things I didn't see coming

- having 13 exciting but exhausting interviews in 2 terribly long but terribly short weeks

- loving every single person I've gotten to talk to during these 13 exciting but exhausting interviews in these 2 terribly long but terribly short weeks

- a no-notice overnight road trip to Nashville

- Nerlens Noel tearing his ACL (I kid you not, this has legitimately been making me sad)

- the random snow flurries yesterday, and a lot of other days, that just keep coming back

- flowers + dark chocolate + fruit snacks + car mail + etc. Valentine's Day surprise package

- that this would be one of the most whirlwind months of my entire life

- the way that my heart is feeling life lately even in the midst of this being one of the most whirlwind months of my entire life.  A lot of times when things get crazy, I go into autopilot.  My feet take me places, my mouth speaks words, my body and hands move, but my mind and heart withdraw.  But somehow lately, my mind, body, and spirit seem to be moving as one.  Which is pretty exhausting, actually - to let myself feel the real weight of everything that is going on.  But I like it better this way.  It's kind of scary, but it's real, and, after all, there is never anything to be afraid of...  Does this even make sense?  This probably doesn't even make sense.  And that's ok.  I didn't really see myself writing that either, but keeping with the theme of the post, the stream-of-conscious rambling can stay.

The list could go on for a long time.  Basically, I have no idea what is going on lately, and it's overwhelming, but it's awesome.  There's a lot more I should be journalling about, and definitely some things that are blog-worthy too, but since it's moving so fast I'm obliged to just keep moving along with it.  But it should slow down soon, I think.  Once I get this appellate brief written.  Yeah, I'm going to go work on that right now actually.

Before I go, here's some music for your Sunday afternoon.  This is probably my new favorite!


Enjoy the day, friends, and celebrate this truth with me.  (Also my new favorite!)

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
[2 Corinthians 9:8]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...