Monday, March 22, 2010

keeping up with my people.

In my mind I’ve always had a blog. I’ve kept a somewhat-journal since the tenth grade, so I don’t need another outlet for writing. Goodness knows I don’t have – or want – time for more technology. But I read other people’s blogs frequently; I have for years. Because of the family and life I’ve been born into, I am blessed to know people who live and serve all over the country and all over the world.

People from New Jersey – the land of my birth, Wawa, Joe Italiano’s Maplewood, and all other good food on this earth. People from Kentucky – the land of horseracing, Ale 8, a small town called Wilmore, and the best basketball program in the nation. People from Mississippi – the land of magnolia trees, the Ole Miss Rebels, and countless things and places I have come to love more than I could ever dream. Family friends working to further the Kingdom all over the world, and I mean literally all over the world. I am so fortunate to have lived in these places, to know all of these people, to have been born into this life.

A piece of me belongs everywhere I’ve lived and with everyone I’m close to. It gets confusing and scattered being so spread out like this, but, if you know me, you know that everything about me is confusing and scattered. I try my best to stay in touch, but people can be difficult to track down. This blog will help me track down the people of my past and keep up with the people of my present.

Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart:
Come quickly from above;
Write thy new name upon my heart,
Thy new, best name of love!
Charles Wesley, “Oh, for a Heart to Praise My God,” 1742.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...