Friday, August 6, 2010

(17) days of summer left.

17. That's all? I have mixed feelings every August because summer always feels so short yet so long. I've certainly been to plenty of places: Guatemala, Ocean Grove, Delanco, Oxford, Jackson, and back and forth, and back and forth some more. And I've done plenty of things. While this seems to be the case every summer, I always wish I had done a little more: read more books, watched more movies, eaten more homemade ice cream, simply relaxed. Because once school is back in session, there is never enough time for the simple things.

That being said, 17 days is still 17 days. I may have to spend them packing, and going to meetings, and moving back to Oxford, and getting ready for class, but they are still good summer days that can be used for good summer things. I will take advantage of them.

I am reading back over this and laughing because I already know what my next post will be. Today I'm in the "end of summer" mood, which means any day now I will catch the "back to school" mood and be elated. I truly, truly love when school starts back, and several things put me in the mood for starting school every year. But I'll leave those things for the next post, whenever that new mindset catches on. For now, "end of summer" it is. Time to take advantage of the time that I have left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...