Saturday, August 28, 2010

here's everything that's happened this week.

Or, at least, here are the highlights...

Art history. Sociology. Latin American culture. Logic. Constitutional history.

That's my lineup for the fall. After a narrow escape from Intro to Contemporary Native American Literature (thank goodness that worked out in my favor), I must admit my schedule this semester isn't half bad. Why? No science or math for the rest of forever, and that just makes me happy.

Lots of good things are happening around campus spiritually; I've noticed, my friends have noticed, people who aren't believers are starting to notice. More details about all of this later, but one particular highlight was the Shane and Shane concert Thursday night hosted by the new Wesley Foundation. You should listen to/think about the words to this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PDuymQ_h0 (Ignore the awkward fire in the background; it was the only video I could find with lyrics.)

Dad and Samuel came to Oxford yesterday for Ajax, Holli's, and a much needed reunion. It was a perfect Oxford afternoon and, once again, reminded me that I am quite obviously Ron Smith's daughter. Additional bonus: my dear father left me with six bottles of Ale 8. So good.

The weather is perfect, so I have spent as much time outside as possible. The front porch of the DG house or on a blanket in the Grove...you just can't go wrong with either of those.

Katherine gave us names and stories of her kids from the Philippines so that we can pray for them individually. I have Danilo. Isn't he precious? I'm becoming slightly obsessed.
That's all, folks.

1 comment:

  1. Katie! I love your blog! So cute! Glad to know that school is off to a great start! I am so jealous of the Shane and Shane concert... I love them! I love that so many spiritual things are happening at Ole Miss! It makes my heart happy! I hope things continue to move in that direction!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...