Thursday, February 10, 2011

snow day! for real this time

"REBALERT: UM Oxford & regional campuses are closed Thurs, Feb 10. Check web for details. See athletics website for status of women's BB game." [text message received Wednesday at 10:46 PM]
Brief rundown:
My friends and I walked through the snow from the DG house to Bottletree for breakfast, then all the way to Blockbuster, then back to the DG house. I worked on some homework, went to a campaign meeting for my friend who is running for ASB President, went to hang out with some kids from the Orchard, and then heard Marian Jordan speak as a part of her Radiant tour.

Some high points of the day:

1. Good job boys for being able to help this car stuck in the ice.


2. Friend at Bottletree: "What are you doing the rest of the day?"
Anna: "We're going to look for Narnia!"
Quote of the day, by far. There may have been some slight miscommunication.

3. I'm excited about the Orchard's college small group getting started. This place has been my Oxford church home since day 1 of freshmen year, and some especially powerful things are going on there lately. Some of us are going to start intentionally meeting together for a time of community and honesty and depth, and it's going to be good.

I wish everyone from all areas of my life could meet the friends I have right now. I wish you all could see how GOD IS WORKING in Oxford, Mississippi. I have friends looking to go to Southeast Asia, Romania, Peru, Guatemala, and China this summer to spread the Gospel. I know people sharing Christ in fraternity and sorority houses all across campus. I have friends witnessing to international students of other religions and to United States students set on finding fulfillment in everything from alcohol to the American dream. None of this is us; all of this is Jesus. Stay tuned; Ole Miss students are going to change the world, because God is amazing.

Oh the joys of a day without classes. So glad we got the snow day this time around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...