Friday, February 4, 2011

snow day! or not

I am trying very hard not to be bitter, but I legitimately convinced myself that school was going to be cancelled today. Winter weather advisories + freezing rain + Mississippi = panic mode for most of the state. The University of Mississippi, however, does not seem very concerned...

In spite of the fact that we're still having class, I am thankful for this potentially inclement weather. It has succeeded in forcing me to slow down. I didn't realize how fast I've been moving all week until last night when, for the first time, I actually stopped to sit, eat, breathe...normal human functions that I always seem to neglect. It takes me a couple of weeks at the start of each semester to figure out how to balance everything - how to spend my free time, what day to work on which class's assignments, which meetings and commitments I need to stick with throughout the semester and which ones I need to drop.

My time in the Word this week has been both refreshing and convicting, and my friends have been encouraging and wise without even knowing it. Take these two things, throw in some weather in which I am unskilled to drive, and I've got the message. Stop. Think. Be intentional. Last week I used my time wisely; this week not so much. It's time to rest for the weekend and see what we can do to get next week back on track, to really start the routine for the rest of the semester.

Third time's a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...