Sunday, January 30, 2011

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

The first week of the semester has come and gone, and, overall, it went well. I like all of my classes, although I'm going to have to be very, very self-motivated these next couple of months. To top off the first week back, this weekend has been absolutely great and has included all kinds of my favorite things. Here are a few of them...

dinner party Friday night
Bottletree Saturday morning
Grove time
UK win over Georgia
(mostly) understanding my Spanish book
seeing all kinds of friends, old and new
The Orchard's 4th anniversary and amazing morning service
an unexpected home-cooked meal
Shaun White winning his 4th consecutive Winter X Games gold
free time to read a book of my choosing

The last two items of my list are making me particularly happy at the moment. Free time to read my own book is a miracle, and Shaun White...well...let's just say I'm slightly obsessed. Check out this run - no one in the world can do the things he does!


I mean, can you get much cooler than that? I continue to be amazed.

Good things happening all over campus this week! I'll update more soon.

"For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end." [Psalm 48:14]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...