Monday, October 3, 2011

cheesy sorority post

While I refuse to make an omggg-DeeGee-got-the-best-pledge-class-ever-we-love-our-baby-anchors-#dglove-#anchorsaway Facebook status or Twitter post, I cannot refrain from a brief reflection of the past 4 years of my life...

[2008 - the one where I was a confused freshman]

One thing I remember clearly - I got a massive splinter from holding this giant Delta. Worth it.
Oh, if only we knew...

[2009 - the one where it really started to get good]

Better luck with the letters this time.

So many friends pledged DG this year! Including this girl - ultimate little sis.

[2010 - the one where I hadn't slept in 10 months]

Sponsorship was hard, but Emily is the best, God is faithful, and reading the list absolutely rocks.

Few people will ever realize the full significance of this photograph.

[2011 - the one that is the last]

The letters have gotten a little fancier since freshmen year.

Bid Day '08 Katie and Anna had no idea they would grow up to be Bid Day '11 Katie and Anna.

A lot of days I wake up and still wonder how in the world a Smith from Port Republic/Wilmore/Jackson wound up in a sorority at all, much less this one, much less as a member of rush team. In situations like this, I think it's best not to ask and just to go with it. A sorority doesn't define you, but, man, can it change you if you let it. Today, I am thankful for the countless ways mine has changed me for the better and for all of the amazing gifts it has given me (a.k.a. Anna, Kat, Lace, Jules, Em, Mary Margaret, Mary Mac, and CassCass). There's something good in that frozen yogurt machine that somehow gets inside of you and turns you into the best version of yourself you can possibly be. I'm excited to watch a new group of DG freshies begin this journey just as my friends and I finish up ours.

Happy Bid Day everybody! It's been a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...