Tuesday, December 20, 2011

every story whispers His name

Let me introduce you to the Jesus Storybook Bible if you have not already encountered it. A million thanks to my roommate Katherine for getting all of my friends hooked. This is a children's Bible. But even if you are not a child/do not have any children running around the house, you should see this anyway. Trust me.

Confession: I have yet to read the entire thing. But I've been reading the Christmas story, and it's amazing. Here are some glimpses...
Wait. God was sending a baby to rescue the world?
"But it's too wonderful!" Mary said and felt her heart beating hard. "How can it be true?"
"Is anything too wonderful for God?" Gabriel asked.
So Mary trusted God more than what her eyes could see. And she believed. "I am God's servant," she said. "Whatever God says, I will do."
[The Nativity, from Luke 1-2]

This baby would be like that bright star shining in the sky that night. A Light to light up the whole world. Chasing away darkness. Helping people to see.
And the darker the night got, the brighter the star would shine...
[The Story of the Shepherds, from Luke 2]

The language is just so beautiful, it's been giving us all kinds of new perspectives lately. And of course the pictures are amazing, too. Needless to say, check this out. For any small children in your life and then also just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...