Thursday, August 16, 2012

tomorrow


Tomorrow I start law school.

Could someone please tell me when the heck that happened?

I have no idea what this is going to be like.  I have no idea how much time I will have; I have no idea how hard this will be.  Basically, I have no idea.

While I would be lying if I didn’t say there are moments when I borderline panic, I can say with confidence that I am excited about this.  It doesn’t matter that I don’t know what I’m getting myself into.  It doesn’t matter that I’m not even 100% sure yet why exactly I am here.  What matters is this:
The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands…From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.  God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.  For in him we live and move and have our being…
                                                                                          [Acts 17:24-28] 
Right before I defended my thesis, one of my brothers prayed that the Holy Spirit would “snipe any butterflies” that were fluttering around in my stomach.  (This possibly is my favorite prayer that has ever been prayed.)  But seriously, can it get any better than that?  I get nervous, I ask the Holy Spirit to snipe the butterflies, I start uncontrollably laughing, the Lord hears – and answers, and all is well.

All of this to say, the blog may be taking a hiatus.  Who knows?  This is about to be one crazy adventure, and I’m just along for the ride.  So wish me luck, and if you’d like to offer up some butterfly-sniping prayers on my behalf those are appreciated too.  It is definitely going to be intense.  But like Julian of Norwich said...



Tomorrow's the day!  Can't wait to tell you all how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...