Friday, November 30, 2012

thanksgiving

Super blessed to hang out with these kids last week, during a quick but totally-worth-it trip to Charlotte, NC.


Last week.  Was that just a week ago?  Because it feels like a solid month.  I miss them already.  Thank goodness for Snapchat - the Snapchats are priceless.  I really can't believe it's only been a week since that day - when we were still in Thanksgiving food coma and exploring UNCC's campus and roaming IKEA.  That was a good, simple day.  Totally different than how my next 14 days are looking...  

Not sure if these next two weeks are going to be the longest ever or fly by.  There are moments of gold, and there are flashes of light - wait, no, totally kidding.  (I have had Celine in my head for a couple of days though!)  There are moments, sure, when the fear starts to creep in and tries to take over.  But there are many, many more moments where I am so incredibly calm, it surprises me.  Totally throws me off, actually.  I'm not supposed to be calm, I'm a 1L.  I'm supposed to be panicking, right?  Too often we forget...nowhere is that written.

Nowhere does it say we should give in to fear.  Nowhere does it say that we should prepare to fail.  Nowhere does it say that we should just try harder, and pull it off from our own strength.  Everywhere it says the opposite.

Do not fear.  Take heart.  Peace be with you.  I have overcome.  I have overcome.

There is nothing to fear.  

That is why we give thanks.  That is why Thanksgiving is every day.  Not only the day(s) that I got to hang with my cousins, eat, sleep, watch football and Duck Dynasty, and laugh together.  But also today, when I get to sit here and work on negligence hypos and my Civ Pro outline.  And also, believe it or not, next Tuesday, when I have the first of four 4-hour exams, all of which play a fairly substantial role in how the rest of law school, and potentially the rest of forever, starts to shape up.

Hear me again.  Better, hear Him again.  There is nothing to fear.  Only thanks, always.  And that, friends, is about as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...