Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm going to Jackson

So, I survived 1L.  I will write about that later, but I have to actually process it first.  For now, I feel like I just woke up from a long, intense dream, where all I remember is that my brain hurt a lot and the Lord is really, really good.  Even now that school is out, things are still a slight whirlwind.  Since my last exam on Friday I have watched my sister graduate from Asbury, attended a research seminar at school to prep me for my summer job, gone on a nice long walk in the park in the rain with the boyfriend, had a lot of hammock time, and crashed Mom's 2nd grade field trip to the Arboretum.  And now, as a result of a bizarre series of events, I am leaving first thing Saturday morning to go spend the first half of the summer clerking at a law firm in the closest thing to a "hometown" I have, with my best friends nonetheless!  

Cue Johnny Cash:


I am excited.  Still, leaving is kind of overwhelming, and packing for a real job for 7 weeks is more ridiculous than I bargained for.  But regardless of what makes sense, where the Lord leads we follow.  So Jackson it is, for May and June, and then after that I am "wandering"...yeah.

Really though - this is the 23rd summer in a row I have lived out of a suitcase.  Why break the streak now?

Bluegrass State, thank you for a wonderful first year welcome.  Sorry that I have to leave you now that the weather finally got good and the flowers are all blooming.  I'll be back as soon as I can.

Mississippi, I am not looking forward to your humidity but I have terribly missed your food, your tea, your accent, your culture, and your people.  See you in 48 hours or so!

People of the Deep South, look me up the next 7 weeks.  I'm excited for some time to spend with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...