Tuesday, May 11, 2010

(114) days of summer

There are not, unfortunately, 500 days of summer. There are, however, 114. I intend to fill these 114 days with things that make me happy. This is a long list - most things in life make me happy in one way or another! But here are some of the fun summer things that I am especially looking forward to...

Reading books of my choosing.
Playing the piano.
Being with friends from home who I only get to see in the summertime.
Making lots and lots of friendship bracelets out of embroidery floss.
Eating strawberry shortcake.
Fondrening. (yes, we invented a verb for that!)
Going to Anthropologie, sadly not to buy things, but to get ideas of cheaper things to buy elsewhere.

The list goes on and on. I tend to think of ridiculous craft projects; crafts make me happy and there is definitely no time for crafts at college. Today I have occupied a large amount of time making birthday cards to bring to Guatemala in a couple of weeks.
I so love the beginning of summer when there are seemingly endless days just waiting to be filled. The goal is to be productive while still relaxed, to have a plan but to always be spontaneous. The ultimate goal of my summer is always to do something good with the time I've been given. To leave the world better than it was before, and to come back to school a better person than I was before. Make that your summer goal too. We have 110 days left to do something amazing, and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...