Friday, May 21, 2010

24 hour rush

The 24 hours before a trip are so. darn. crazy.

I've spent today packing, going (back) to the bank, going (back) to the Seminary, etc. Everything I do to prepare in advance ultimately un-does itself, resulting in me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Luckily the 24 hour rush does not stress me out; it just makes me more excited about the trip.

Random diversion... Laura and I did take a much needed break from trip preparations to visit with our wonderful friends Scott and Meg who are headed to Uganda next year! I am blessed to know awesome people like them. We had fun visiting and learned two valuable things. 1. Chick-fil-a is getting a Spicy Chicken Sandwich. 2. "Regular"-sized Icedream cones are massive. Be prepared to really want an Icedream cone, or order a kid's size.

Back to reality. We're getting to the airport at 4:30 AM, briiight and early. I cannot wait to pull in to La Senda and break out my soccer skills, or lack thereof. Pray for us, and check out our team blog for updates! www.wesleychapelguatemalateam.blogspot.com

Paz y amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...