Tuesday, September 28, 2010

small successes

Sponsorship. Class. Breathe. Sponsorship. Rinse. Repeat.

This week is a blessing for two reasons (a lot of reasons, actually, but I'll hit on two). First, my tests are finished, and I have some free time. I use the word "free" loosely; in reality, there is very little free time. But there's time enough for a quick trip to WalMart and a conversation with friends that lasts longer than four minutes. Context is everything. And right now, a dash to the store for toothpaste and a six minute conversation is a success. Second, this week has been extremely productive, and it's only Tuesday night. I am an obsessive list-maker, and few things are better than checking off things that are finally accomplished. If the next few days are like the past two have been, we're going to be in really good shape. And that makes me happy.

It's crunch time, but I'm actually excited about that. You have to go through the crunch time to get to the freedom. There are so many moments, so many days lately where I have to make decisions and I find myself at a loss of what to do. Thankfully, I am not alone in this. I have amazing friends and an amazing team around to help me. Better, I have a Savior who has been so faithful and will continue to be faithful, who demonstrates His strength through my weakness.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." --James 1:5.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...