Thursday, October 7, 2010

finally the weekend.

One of my favorite things about Ole Miss is this: the weekend starts on Thursday afternoon. Really, it does. I left logic class at 2:45, made some phone calls, and called it a week. I have two classes tomorrow morning, and I'll go to them (probably). But they matter little, and the fun starts tonight.

October is my favorite month; one of these days I'll tell you why, but for now you'll have to get used to hearing me talk about my obscure October obsession. These first seven days have been excellent but exhausting. I'm excited for these next couple of days and an opportunity to soak up the fall weather and have some fun. For example, my friends and I are most likely going to Memphis tomorrow afternoon to hit up some shopping and enjoy each others' company. I tried to tell myself that I would only go if I get my work done today and tomorrow morning, but that's obviously a lie. I'll go anyway when it comes down to it; how could I not? I'm responsible, but not responsible enough to miss a day of randomness with best friends. That's why I find myself typing this post right now instead of making lists, reading mail, or calling DG alums. You'd think the fact that rush is 13 days away would help me focus... I guess some things never change. And, after all, it is the weekend.

Go do something exciting to celebrate the fall, and how good the weather is, and how good life is. And when you go, bring Bob with you. I'm not kidding - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is October music. Hope you enjoy this album, this weekend, and this month as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...