Thursday, March 24, 2011

carpe diem

"spring fever: n. a feeling of restlessness, excitement, or laziness brought on by the coming of spring."
Also known as what I am experiencing right now. My ability to concentrate is directly related to how sunny it is outside, and how green the grass is, and how many flowers are blooming. Currently, the sky is especially blue, the grass is especially green, and the tulips all over campus are especially beautiful. How exactly am I supposed to focus locked inside a classroom studying the Trail of Tears, Francisco Franco, Women in Literature, or Renaissance artists? (Ok, I might can make an exception for the Renaissance artists. Michelangelo is quite inspiring and lately I'm hooked on not only his art but his poetry...) Needless to say, I take that question - "how am I supposed to focus?" - and come to the only possible conclusion I can find. I'm not.

My advice to myself and to you? Play now, study later, soak up the sun, and sleep when you're dead. Stay outside as much as possible, except for when you're watching March Madness basketball games of course. Work when you must, but only when you must. It'll all get finished. It always does.

Just so you know, this spring fever thing might be legit. "Spring Fever Means Lighter Moods and More Love?" I think they might be on to something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...