Tuesday, March 1, 2011

part 1 - statewide weekend overview

There is absolutely no way I can pack everything into one post, so I'm likely going to break it down into multiple. First, I'll hit some highlights and explain what's been going on. Statewide Wesley Foundation retreat was this weekend, and it was great. Amazingly challenging speakers, Kristian Stanfill leading worship, reunions with old friends, and forming relationships with new friends. As a totally added blessing, the retreat was at Timbercreek, which meant getting to see old friends/role models and enjoying nature in one of my favorite places. Needless to say, I am extremely rejuvenated and am once again floored by how much God blesses His children.

So many amazing things were said and sung over the course of the weekend - so many statements and questions and phrases resounding with truth from above. "God is relentless." "Stop being confused by your circumstances; God is a master craftsman." "There is a sycamore tree in your future...your purpose is your Zacchaeus." "God is relentless." "Be the widow." "When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith upon the earth?" "Let Heaven roar and fire fall, come shake the ground with the sound of revival..."

So much to dig into and to drink deeply of in the coming days and weeks! I would love to share everything I learned this weekend but that would take up far too much space. I would love to post pictures but they're all on Eddie's camera so I don't have any yet. In light of the lack of time, space, and photos, I guess you'll just have to take my word for the fact that it was great, that God is great, and that He is moving in powerful ways.

Follow-up post(s) coming soon, so get excited, and enjoy the first day of March! Spring is in the air. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...