Thursday, March 29, 2012

dancing shoes

The past few days have flown by. Seriously, I don't think I remember a week ever disappearing as quickly as this one has. But even though the days have been passing at warp speed, they have been such very good ones. And filled with dancing.

It all started this weekend, with ATO formal in New Orleans. Brady, Lacey, Ed and I had a lot of great bonding time, great food, and great conversations. The actual formal Saturday night was on the Riverboat, which was awesome. Probably should have taken some pictures. Lacey and I promised ourselves we would take lots of pictures throughout the weekend, so naturally we only have these to show for it:



Good enough, right? At least we have some proof that we were actually down there.

We got back to Oxford Sunday night, and Mom came to Oxford Monday afternoon. It has been so fun watching her meet everyone and experience things like brother-sister Brick House love and Milkshake Monday in person. Somehow this Milkshake Monday turned into an improv dance party, so most of the night was spent Jai Ho-ing, Cupid Shuffling, and Party Rock Anthem-ing...good times.

Besides all of that, I have just been hanging out with Mom, doing a slight bit of thesis work, unsuccessfully attempting to make nice-looking bowls in Ceramics, and enjoying the perfect spring weather all week. And, of course, a lot of dancing on my own, thanks to this song.


It's been stuck in my head all week, and now it will probably be stuck in yours. You're welcome.

To top it off, all of the dancing this weekend and week has just been a warm-up for DG formal tonight. Bouré first, Colonel's Quarters second, and all of my friends together in one place...looks promising to me! I'm ready to get these afternoon classes out of the way so that I can dance the night away. It's a good day to celebrate - Oxford, springtime, friends, and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...