Friday, March 16, 2012

lately

A more extensive update on how incredible this Spring Break has been will follow, but for now...I am back from the beach for the day and lounging around the condo until dinnertime, so why not blog?

I realized I left everybody hanging with the whole "check back Thursday morning to see where I'm going to law school" thing. So - drumroll please - after a week of literally playing deal or no deal with my future/life, it's decided. University of Kentucky College of Law it is! A week and a day after the decision became official, it feels exciting, confusing, surreal, strange, _______ (fill in just about any adjective you want and I've probably felt it). But good. Very good. The Lord is faithful.

[UK Law - another place to add to the ever-growing list of places called "home"]

From Friday to Monday night I was in Ocoee, Tennessee, for the Wesley Retreat, and it was a pretty incredible time. And now I'm in Orange Beach with mis mejores amigas living it up, with lots of sun, sand, good food, even better cake, time to relax, and time to work (and by work I mean hardly work at all) on things for school. Next week is going to be madness, but taking an entire week off is quite worth it.

I've also had time to read lots of magazines this week, including but not limited to Real Simple, Vanity Fair, InStyle, and Relevant. This never happens and, to be honest, probably won't happen again until next Spring Break. But it's been great and has provided me with various interesting thoughts and perspectives. One of these I will now leave with you. Here's Scott Avett in Relevant, writing on art and faith:
"Our hands and minds, legs and mouths, eyes and ears, arms and feet were all made with purpose, and though you may never find that exact purpose, it is your obligation to yourself and God to search for it, and to search endlessly for a perfection that, though you will never achieve it, you must seek. This is faith. This is spirituality."
Scott Avett's a champ and you should totally listen to his music. Enjoy the last couple days of break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...