Tuesday, July 31, 2012

clickity click click

I am blogging to distract myself from my nerves.  The women's gymnastics team final AND men's swimming where Michael Phelps has the chance to break the record for most medals ever are airing right now on NBC Primetime.  I've been boycotting social media all day so I don't find out all of the results, but maybe I should just break down and check.  All of the anticipation is making me extremely antsy.  Anyway, I have been reading/seeing some interesting things lately and thought I'd share.  In no particular order:

Chris Bounds was the Bible study leader at Indian Springs this year, and the days I heard him speak he was absolutely incredible.  If you missed it, no worries.  Here's his printable, 22 page Christology guide that walks through the Apostles Creed in an informative, powerful way.

The recent Chick-fil-A controversy has generated a lot of drama in the already dramatic gay rights conversation.  And I have my personal opinion about the situation just like everyone does, but honestly, I am so over it.  I am so tired of the fighting.  Has no one noticed by now?  No matter how passionate you are about whichever side of the political and/or religious spectrum you are on, it isn't working.  So whether you choose to eat at Chick-fil-A tomorrow or never eat there again for the rest of your life, read this.  Please please please. 

I know, I know.  If you're anything like me, this song will be stuck in your head forever.  But in honor of the Olympics, watch this anyway.  I love these people, and I love that despite the fierce competition, they really are having fun this week!


I am coming to terms with the fact that I no longer have automatic meals to eat at school (aka DG house).  Come the start of law school, I will have to deal with really hard classes and finding food at the same time - food that is hopefully the tricky combination of cheap, healthy, and delicious.  Enter this cool tumblr site with some really cool lunchbox ideas.  Can't wait to try some of them!

Ok.  I'm off to focus on the Games.  Hopefully you are watching too.  And cheering.  Hard.  Consider it your patriotic duty.  :)  Hope you enjoy the links, and hope some of our athletes go get that gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...