Wednesday, July 18, 2012

la familia

Choosing Ole Miss was by far one of the best decisions I have made and will ever make in my life, but as far as family time is concerned, it had some disadvantages.  All of our family on Dad's side is in New Jersey, and Mom's family is in Kentucky, North Carolina, and Chicago, with random second cousins and great aunts on both sides scattered through Ohio.  It's hard for us to see each other as much as we would like, and with me spending the last 4 years in Oxford, I missed out on some family reunions here and there.  To be honest, it was getting a little out of control - I hadn't seen my cousins on Mom's side for YEARS.  But we made up for it this weekend when Aunt Laura, Uncle Eric, Kayla and Corbin all came to visit Wilmore.

Kayla just finished her freshman year at UNC Charlotte, and Corbin will be a high school sophomore this fall.  They are awesome, and we soaked up the time together with late night chats, spontaneous drives, storytelling, and YouTube video watching. 

No matter that I was at Ole Miss and Kayla's at UNCC.  Laura's at the Bury now and Corbin still has a couple years to decide.  Whether we are personally Asburians or not, we gotta pay tribute to the family heritage.


So thankful for time with these two.

The only problem with the quality bonding time is that now it will make me miss them even more than before!  But we're working on another reunion as quickly as possible - maybe at Passion this winter, or time in Maine, or a random meet-halfway-road-trip.  We'll figure it out somehow.  In the meantime, I am thankful for the time we had together to catch up, encourage each other spiritually, laugh hysterically, and simply be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...