Saturday, July 7, 2012

summertime and the living is easy

The nice thing about summer Saturdays - at least for me, now that I'm back at home and my main job is to "rest" before law school starts - is that they are essentially a free for all.  The morning does have a bit of rhythm - wake up, hot tea, porch swing, Bible, rescue the kitten from a tree (true story, did that today), write letters to brothers and sisters, etc.  But then?  I am blessed and get to essentially do whatever for the rest of the day. 

So for this summer Saturday?  I spent the last hour or so making homemade strawberry jam.  Currently it is thickening; I'm crossing my fingers it turned out well, because there is a lot of it, and I would love it if this afternoon took care of my entire next year's worth of PB&Js.  If this worked out, next stop = blueberry jam.  Or peach maybe.  While I am not that into canning (I'm still too young for that, right?), I am determined to take advantage of this good summer fruit while I can.

And speaking of fruit...

Good call, Twain.  Just a bit of Saturday afternoon brain food for you.  Enjoy the weekend while you can, because it's summertime and the living is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...